Sunday, August 19, 2007

THAT guy

Being THAT guy. When you are known , understood..at least partly, needed and finally ignored. You become just a THAT guy. Just a THAT guy, which is not even justified. You are talked about, discussed, mocked, used, given a bit of those things and then you are nailed into the coffin of THAT guy. Jutice delayed, and denied as well, both at the same time. It’s delayed till the time when it can be denied. And justice is not even in question if you think in retrospect. Who would justify you being that guy? You choose it to become a self sacrificing immortal. That’s the reason and that’s the trap too. No one is being a martyr here. It’s a long war that is to be fought silently to win. THAT guy in those days was there for them to need and demand all of that. One day all that comes to a point when that guy is giving all those guys, those snake charmers a run for all THAT. When I say snake charmers I am not calling her names. I love snakes and I even adore them. Haha ..poor joke but the fact remains that I wasn’t calling her names. They are snake charmers all the same but she is not the one who would dance on their tunes. About her being a snake, well I don’t think possessing venom alone can qualify a woman to be classified as a snake.
So finally it ends up being about the snake and THAT guy who we assume is not a snake charmer. Oh, you say he is the knight with the shining armor. May be that’s true, but it’s just that his armor doesn’t shine too much. Sorry I copied this line from LOOK BACK IN ANGER. I loved jimmy porter; he was the guy whose armor didn’t shine too much in that play. And he continued to be the THAT GUY till the end. Its sad but true, they all want to play jimmy porters , fanidhars and THAT GUYS role on stage. None of them have the guts to do it in real life. Yeah you can mock at me for calling it guts to play it in real life; you think its fool hardiness. No wonder you are the snake charmer with the piper who in spite of being so sure of his skill to charm the snake gets bitten by the darling. For all that humor and dance and entertainment and milk you shower on the snake, you end up realizing that there is no point repenting over the spilt milk. But still you repent and that is what your piper is. Your regrets and sorries over the bite by the snake becomes the piper which you blow up again and again to capture yet another one. And the milk I was talking about, it’s the white fluid you spend if you didn’t get it right. Most of it which sticks only around your own belly, and the rest..well I wont talk of this, it hurts me more than it will hurt you.

5 comments:

Bhavani Iyer said...

Sumit, your writing is remarkable. There is focus and a deep angst that isn't faked or feigned. And that's more remarkable. The anger in your writing isn't to appear deep, the depth in it isn't to appear interesting. And what's more, you are a demanding writer. I waited until I knew I'd have some time to devote to read your material, but it took me more time than I imagined because you don't let go.

If you aren't already a writer, you must seriously consider it as a profession. This stuff is brilliant and I feel humbled.

Good luck...
Bhavani Iyer

Anonymous said...

now what r we waiting for?

Anonymous said...

...Man you got class..Saw all of you..but you would be going Miles.. I read much and day I see your stuff you can rely on me as one who would try to patronize you

Anonymous said...

.. You have a gift to make things simple and beautiful..rather ecstatic... Its very rare but you have in it you...Great Job Boss...three Salutes

Nalin said...

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4183167573957838241&postID=7591166760702710224

ain't u trying to be a snake charmer with a piper...